Sunday, July 11, 2010

BIRTHDAY!

Ah, the eve of my 30th birthday. Such a momentous event. Good-bye roaring twenties. At times I will miss you, but I enjoy the growing wisdom and life progress that age has brought me. After all, 15 years ago I thought I'd never be a doctor-that time seemed so far off. And now, I'm a Family Medicine doctor (hopefully soon board certified!). Ten years ago I thought getting into medical school would be quite a feat, was worried about taking the MCAT and passing my Genetics course with Dr. Buratovich. Five years ago I was in medical school getting ready for fourth year medical school, interviews and my two month elective in Eldoret, Kenya.

What will I be doing five years from now? I do not know. I do know my tentative plans for the next few years. (Tentative because God can change them at any time). I will be leaving to study French at a language school in Switzerland in early September (classes start on the 6th), and returning in mid-december. I'll then leave for Republic of Congo in January, hopefully with a week or so stop in Cameroon to see some friends on the way. I'll be in Congo for two years (hopefully home once or twice in there). After that-its all in the air. Perhaps I'll come here and work for a while. Perhaps I'll find a missionary sending organization and stay in Africa. I'm just going to take it one step at a time.

No comments: